Thursday, May 31, 2012

Terrified of the storms coming through today. After the flood last year where we lost nearly everything, I don't "do" rain...

PTSD is what they call it.

I freak out with severe or prolonged rain. Probably will never get in a swimming pool, lake, or ocean again. Don't like my daily showers and DESPISE taking bubble baths.

There is some discussion as to whether the VNS might be effective with the PTSD, and the depression/anxiety that go along with my particular seizure disorder.

Not much if any research on those yet.

But I'm a "perfect storm" of mental health issues, and if it helps with those, then there will at least be an anecdotal case with me.

Now I'm at work so I have to go pretend I'm not coming unglued inside as this storm gets closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment